I, Sandy KS aka rusty2rusty is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. I may earn something when you click through to make a purchase.
Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Saving Money While Shopping
I love to save money while I go shopping. Going to Aldi's is no different. One thing I like doing is bring my own bags. That way I don't have to buy bags to take my stuff home or run around looking for cardboard boxes that aren't ripped or broken down. Hoping they aren't out. ( I have ran into that problem. It wasn't fun.) I have these canvas I can't believe it is butter bags for over 10 years. Add that savings up.
Another way I saved significant money this shopping trip was buying Jumex "Mango Nectar". I saved $1.10 per can. How did I save so much?
This same product cost me $1.59 for each can at a convenience store called Stripes while vacationing in Texas. This same can at Aldi's only cost me 49 cents per can. I bought eight cans. That equals out to $8.80 savings.
I buy thin steaks for $5.00 or less. Sometimes I will pay a little more. Not to often if I can help it. Making several meals out of them to save money.
1. I use thin steaks to slice up and add to omelets for breakfast. That is my version of steak and eggs on a budget.
2. I place thin steak in the crockpot add mushroom soup. When done I add it over a plate of rice or noodles.
3. If any sliced steak is left over for breakfast, I use that same steak and add fajita mix, onions, and bell peppers served on a soft tortilla shell to make fajitas.
4. Another way to use leftover sliced up steak is to cube it. Than turn it in to a big pot of chili. Cubing it will make the steak go further by seeming like there is more.
5. Sliced steak can be grilled or fried up and added to bread to make a sandwich. You can a variety of topping depending on your taste. To make a different sandwich every day.
I normally get two to three meals per $5.00 package of thinly sliced steaks.
What ways do you save money?
What was the last thing you saved money on?
Posted by Sandy KS